Stephanos Foundation is a Reformed Christian Non-Governmental Organisation, operating in the area of Senior Chief Kuntaja in Chileka, Blantyre. Takes care of orphans and vulnerable children. The initiative for the Foundation started in The Netherlands and was established in Malawi in 1994.
Amongst the departments of Stephanos Foundation is the Vocational Training Centre. The department seeks to empower youthful Malawians through skills development. One of the skills is Textile, Fashion, and Designing. Therefore, a vacancy has arisen and needs to be filled there in.
Position : Textile, Fashion, & Design Instructor
The incumbent shall be reporting to the Principal of the Vocational Training Centre.
To teach, train, and motivate the Textile, Fashion, & Design students, so as to prepare them to be employable human capital, successful entrepreneurs, and God-fearing citizens in the community they serve.
Duties & responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans suitable for quality lesson delivery.
- Assign and grade class work, tests and assignments.
- Supervise the performance of apprentices and provide moral support to create conducive learning environment.
- Regularly communicate necessary information to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and need.
- Motivate and evaluate every student to comply with the required standards of performance.
- Making sure that the class stuff to be taught agrees with the examining trade boards.
- To ensure that curricula development is done in close liaison with relevant authorities, fellow instructors and the Principal.
- To be a custodian of trade tools, classroom and workshop tools, and ensure enough supply of tools and materials at all costs.
- Prepare effective plans enabling a balance between classroom theory work and practical work
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Attend VTC Instructors meetings, Students’ assembly and the fellowship.
- End of term stock taking with the VTC Storekeeper and reporting any irregularities urgently.
- Attend spiritual programs at Stephanos such as week opening / closing and fellowship
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Principal and Executive Management
- Enforcing Tevet students’ code of conduct.
- Reinforcing the General Campus rules together with fellow instructors and observe cleanliness.
- Ensuring students get an exposure and experience from the employment/entrepreneurial industry, through eg field trips.
- Abiding by Tevet Instructor code of conduct
- Be an effective matron/patron of any extracurricular club assigned to you.
- City & Guilds Diploma in Textile, Fashion, & Design, or TEVET Advanced Certificate (Level 3) in Textile, Fashion & Design.
- At least 3 years teaching experience
Essential skills & attributes:
- Planning and Organisational skills.
- Youth friendly.
- Able to meet targets/dead line.
- Team player.
- Good written and verbal communication/reporting skills.
Method of Application
Send a one paged motivational letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact information of three (3) professional referees, and copies of certificates to:
The Human Resources Manager, on
Deadline for receiving application is 4th June 2021