Stephanos Foundation is a Reformed Christian, Non-Governmental Organisation, operating from Chilangoma, Chileka, in Blantyre. Takes care of orphans and vulnerable children. The initiative for the Foundation started in The Netherlands and was established in Malawi in 1994, to see orphan and vulnerable children and their guardians become self-reliant and spiritually mature, thereby contributing to the spiritual and social-economic development of their communities.. Therefore, The Foundation wishes to recruit for its various departments as follows.
The Position : Electrical Installation & Electronics Instructor
Reports to : The Principal
Location : Chilangoma, Blantyre
To teach, train, and motivate the Electrical Installation & Electronics students, so as to prepare them to be employable human capital, successful entrepreneurs, and God-fearing citizens in the community they serve.
Duties & responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Assign, supervise and grade the performance of apprentices and provide moral support to create conducive learning environment.
- Making sure that the class stuff to be taught agrees with the examining trade boards.
- To ensure that curricula development is done in close liaison with relevant authorities, fellow instructors and the Principal.
- Prepare effective plans enabling a balance between classroom theory work and practical work
- Attend spiritual programs at Stephanos such as week opening / closing and fellowship
- Ensuring students get an exposure and experience from the employment/entrepreneurial industry, through eg field trips.
- Abiding and enfircing Tevet Instructor/student code of conduct
- The position is open to males only
- Either Malawi Advanced Craft Certificate, Advanced Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Tevet Advanced Craft Certificate, or City and Guilds
- Must possess knowledge and skills in Technical Drawing, Auto-CAD, and Numeracy.
- At least 3 years teaching experience
Essential skills & attributes:
- Planning and Organisational skills.
- Youth friendly.
- Able to meet targets/dead line.
- Team player.
- Good written and verbal communication/reporting skills.
Method of Application
Send a one paged motivational letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact information of three (3) traceable professional referees, and copies of certificates as one PDF document to:
The Human Resources Manager, on email@example.com
Deadline for receiving applications is 21st February 2022. Only short listed applicants will be acknowledged